Sunday, January 16, 2022




Guess what I saw
When I looked around
I saw a leaf come floating down
To spin a graceful spinning sound
And land at the feet
Of it’s roots spread wide
And a little door that peeked inside
To a tiny face with squirrelly eyes
And in the upper realms I saw
A handmade home
All knit with sticks
And there it rocked within the tree
In arms that held it lovingly  
I found the sun
A blade of grass
I felt a breath of wind pant past
And there a house 
All made of brick
It’s walls extremely straight and thick
A sidewalk made for me to walk
A sky that blued up to the top
A feathered flock 
That flew as one
A woolen crop of gathered cloud 
A pebble polished true 
And round 
All this I saw in just one day 
It’s truly most extraordinary


Sara Mathews     January 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment