Wednesday, January 6, 2016



The wildness of the wind that blows
Sends tumbleweeds around my mind
The sad and longing
Wailing wind
Transports me on his winged whim
To mustang land where cowboys ride
To plains of windswept buffalo
To rocky range where eagle
Soars and hang glides steep
And free falls low
To coastline pressed with reckless wave
Where beach is strewn with tidal news
The shipwreck bits and histories
That roll in with the restless muse
And tempest carries me away
To mountaintops of countries crest
And sets me down
At highest high
Where I can watch the world unfold
And perched above the wind himself
The cloud and sky become my soul

The wildness of the wailing wind
The loneliness of gale and gust
Is company that suits me best
And comfort in it’s wanderlust



Sara Mathews     January 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment