Wednesday, February 13, 2019

                                                                        Duy Huynh


Sometimes it’s better not to see the moon
Or to see it when I close my eyes
And find a gentler accounting
Soft faced
Easier to look upon
Shadow boxed 
Edges filed down
And blurred
Less wise
Less knowing
Sometimes I have to speak
In sideways glance
As though she doesn’t harbor every secret
Hesitant advances toward her full approach
Blinking ~ blinking in protection
Like a lover probing through my eyes
To find that last and hidden
Piece of me
My summer moon is different
Those nights our talks drift pleasantly
She bobs the night and skirts the treetops
As we chat companionably
But when the stark and blatant
Winter pulling at my soul moon
Floods the fractured skies
I blanch beneath her blinding honesty



Sara Mathews     February 2019
Artwork by Duy Huynh (used with permission)
https://www.duyhuynh.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment