Friday, May 6, 2016



I strolled into the month of May
A morning filled with spring
And joyously I praised the day
As were the other flowering things
I passed a lilac throwing boughs
Of perfumed spells at me
And fell into the depths of her
Intoxicating lavender
And hovering there
Amid her blooms
I turned into a butterfly
And barely flitted free
And rhododendrons boomed
Exploding fireworks
Of ruby red
As corals of azaleas shed
Their tutus at my feet
Like melodies they drifted
Lightly down the sweetened street
And all the human bees were out
Their little motors buzzing
Darting happily from shrub to shrub
Edge trimmers humming
And every green was bursting
With a splendid flag to fly
In vivid yellow vibrancy
And purple pent up energy
They shouted all excitedly
Their colors to the sky!




Sara Mathews     May 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment